WELCOME TO Alpha Exploration
Alpha Exploration Ltd is an Exploration Company, focused on the discovery of world class economic gold and base metals deposits in the highly prospective Arabian-Nubian shield that runs on either side of the Red Sea.
The Company was established to pursue opportunities in a region of high geological prospectivity but limited historic exploration. Alpha has assembled a ‘Team’ of experienced ‘Explorers’ with excellent record of discovery and mine development in the region.
It was decided the initial focus for property acquisition should be in Eritrea and then the wider Arabian-Nubian Shield, where modern exploration is at an early stage and opportunities for significant discoveries remain.
The Kerkasha Exploration License in Eritrea was granted in January 2018 and to date has been funded privately.
Acquired the Kerkasha Exploration Licence in January 2018 with extensive airborne geophysical surveys of the Project completed by Thani-Ashanti. Leverage the value of the airborne datasets with extensive surface geochemical and geophysical surveys. This strategy led to the identification of multiple new Prospects and the Au-Cu-Ag discovery at Anagulu Prospect.
Carry out a resource definition drill programme at Anagulu Prospect for a Maiden ‘Inferred Resource’. Test the chargeability-Resistivity anomalies at depth beneath the current drilling at Anagulu. Drill test the most promising Prospects at Kerkasha including the Colonial and Artisanal Gold Mines.
Acquired and explore a second Exploration License in Eritrea with existing airborne geophysical datasets and then, expand land acquisition and exploration into other parts of the Arabian-Nubian Shield – This will expand exploration opportunities for Alpha, spread investment risk and allow greater opportunity for success.
Why Choose the Arabian Nubian Shield?
- +1,000 recorded ancient copper and gold mines.
- +6,000 Prospects and Occurrences.
- Only a handful are currently in production or, under development for mining.
- Multiple deposit styles already demonstrated.
- (Orogenic, VMS, Epithermal, Intrusion hosted, Porphyry).
Comparison to Canadian & Australian Shields
- The Canadian and Australian ‘Shields’ host a number of world class ‘mining camps’ of varying mineral types (base metals, precious metals, diamonds, uranium, rare earth elements)
- This implies the Arabian-Nubian Shield (ANS) is under explored and has many world class discoveries to be made.
- Ownership 100% Alpha.
- Area = 1,028km².
- Four (4) areas of Colonial (Italian) workings currently identified.
- Seven (7) Artisanal gold mining Prospects currently identified.
- Located in highly prospective Nakfa Terrain rocks (hosts Bisha, Hambok and Zara deposits).
- On Augaro -Kerkasha ‘gold trend’.
- Early Au-Cu-Ag discovery at Anagulu: 49m @ 2.42 g/t Au & 1.10% Cu & 6.83g/t Ag (80 – 129m in DD Hole AND001)
- Significant, high quality dataset available from exploration programmes carried out by Anglo Gold Ashanti and Alpha Exploration that has generated Target Areas from traditional prospecting through to ‘cutting edge’ Machine Learning, Probabilistic modelling and geochemical data analysis (Centre Log Ratio &Z Score Normalisation) that remain untested by drilling.
GROUND, MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
- A 1,028km² License area with multiple Colonial Gold Mines and areas of recent Artisanal mining.
- The Alpha exploration programme is managed by an experienced team that has made discoveries and developed Projects through to granting of a mining license in Eritrea. The group also has an extensive network of contacts in the wider Arabian-Nubian Shield.
- The Alpha exploration programme is supported by pre-eminent Consultants using ‘cutting edge’ Machine Learning technology. Alpha identified the ‘virgin’ Anagulu Prospect within 2 months of commencing field operations in April 2018. The discovery drill-hole at Anagulu occurred in October 2019.
Board of Directors – Alpha Exploration
BSc, Geology. University of London (1970)
More than 30 years of international experience. Now with Azarga Metals
Has held Executive & Board positions with companies such as Gold Fields Mining, Bema Gold Corp. Arizona Star, &Tournigan Energy
Between 2004 and 2016 Michael was President and CEO of Sunridge Gold Corp (TSX listed) that owned the Asmara Project (Eritrea).
Bachelor of Science (Geology) Degree from Victoria University, New Zealand (1982)
Previously, a Director for Sahar Minerals Limited (Bermuda) that had a Joint Venture with Eritrea – China Exploration and Mining Share Company over the Augaro Exploration License in Eritrea from February 2010- November 2012.
30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Australia and Africa
Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science, Geology from The University of Technology, Sydney
Executive Vice President Exploration & Growth of Golden Star Resources Ltd.
25 years of exploration, technical and corporate experience. Previously at Homestake Gold Australia, Barrick Gold Corporation in Australia and Africa, VP of exploitation Acacia Mining Plc and Head of Discovery for La Mancha Services UK
CHRIS VAN DER WESTHUYZEN
Bachelors of Commerce degree in Economics and Marketing from Canterbury University, New Zealand COO of Hemera Capital Management LLP Prior to joining Hemera, Chris spent 11 years with Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs working across a broad range of product lines including equities, fixed income and structured finance operations
+30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Australia and AfricaDiscoveries:
Australia (Jundee Northwest & Main Zone deposits, Enterprise (SCG deposit). Guinea (Boukaria Au deposit) – Eritrea (Zara Au deposit).Developments:
Australia (Banderol, Highway, Butcherbird, Kingfisher, Mystery, Culculli Au deposits & Jundee Au Mine). Guinea (Siguiri Au Mine). Tanzania (Buzwagi Au-Cu Mine & Nyamulilima Hill &, Nyanzaga Au deposits). Eritrea (Zara Au Mine, Debarwa & Adi Nefas VMS deposits & Gupo Au deposit).
Bachelor of Science Honors (Geology) Degree from Addis Ababa University (1985), MSc, Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur (1987-1988).
More than 30 years work experience with Mineral Exploration companies and with the Geological Surveys of Ethiopia and Eritrea.
Tewelde has worked in the Adola gold belt in Ethiopia and the Koka gold field in Eritrea (Zara gold mine) and has also been involved as a Lecturer at Asmara University.
Ph.D. Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (2011).
Previously, a Senior Research Scientist at CSIRO Mineral Resources.
Prior to joining CSIRO in 2013, Michael spent ~5 years working for Barrick Australia as an underground Geologist at Plutonic Gold Mine. During this time, he developed portable X-ray fluorescence (pXRF) best practice and utilised pXRF to gain geological insights into mineral deposits.
Currently examining ways to utilise machine learning and data analytics to enhance interpretation of soil sample datasets with Projects in Eritrea, New Zealand, Mozambique, Zambia and Australia.
BSc (Hons) (Geology), Monash University, Australia (1981), MSc (Geology) Victoria University, New Zealand (1985).
More than 30 years experience in Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Solomon Islands, Philippines and Indonesia
Worked on Oil, base metal and gold projects in a variety of settings and has been a key team member in a number of discoveries.
Lisa has been in the forefront of developments in the industry for many years and in the early 1990’s helped pioneer modern data management techniques as well as the use of prospectivity analysis and the levelling and imaging of geochemical data.