WELCOME TO Alpha Exploration
Alpha Exploration Ltd is a TSX-V Listed Exploration Company, focused on the discovery of world class economic gold & base metals deposits in the highly prospective Arabian-Nubian shield that runs on either side of the Red Sea.
The Company was established to pursue opportunities in a region of high geological prospectivity but limited historic exploration. Alpha has assembled a ‘Team’ of experienced ‘Explorers’ with an excellent record of discovery and mine development in the region.
It was decided the initial focus for property acquisition should be in Eritrea and then the wider Arabian-Nubian Shield, where modern exploration is at an early stage and opportunities for significant discoveries remain.
The Kerkasha Exploration License in Eritrea was granted to Alpha in January 2018.
Acquired the Kerkasha Exploration Licence in January 2018 with extensive airborne geophysical surveys of the Project completed by the previous license holders (a Joint Venture between AngloGold-Ashanti and Thani Investments) and then leverage the value of the airborne datasets by integration with extensive surface geochemical and ground geophysical surveys. This strategy led to the identification of multiple new Prospects and the following discoveries: 1) Aburna orogenic gold 2) Anagulu porphyry gold-copper 3) Tolegimja VMS.
Further drilling at Aburna and Tolegimja Prospects to test the strike and dip of very good drill intercepts returned for gold at Aburna and base metals (zinc & copper) at Tolegimja from first pass drill programmes. Further drilling at the Anagulu gold-copper Prospect to identify the source at depth for the extensive gold-copper mineralisation over 2kms at surface.
Acquire and explore a second Exploration License in Eritrea with existing promising datasets and/or, expand land acquisition and exploration into other parts of the Arabian-Nubian Shield. This will increase the exploration opportunities for Alpha, spread investment risk and allow greater opportunity for success.
Why Choose the Arabian Nubian Shield?
- +1,000 recorded ancient copper and gold mines.
- +6,000 Prospects and Occurrences.
- Only a handful are currently in production or, under development for mining.
- Multiple deposit styles already demonstrated (Porphyry, Orogenic, VMS, Epithermal).
Comparison to Canadian & Australian Shields
- The Canadian and Australian ‘Shields’ host a number of world class ‘mining camps’ of varying mineral types (base metals, precious metals, diamonds, uranium, rare earth elements)
- This implies the Arabian-Nubian Shield (ANS) is under explored and has many world class discoveries to be made.
- Ownership 100% Alpha.
- Area = 771km².
- Four (4) areas of Colonial (Italian) workings currently identified.
- Six (6) Artisanal gold mining Prospects currently identified.
- Located in highly prospective Nakfa Terrain rocks (hosts Bisha, Hambok and Zara deposits).
- On Augaro -Kerkasha ‘gold trend’.
- Early porphyry copper-gold discovery at Anagulu: email@example.com g/t Au & 1.10% Cu & 6.83g/t Ag (80 – 129m in Diamond hole AND001).
- Significant, high quality dataset available from exploration programmes carried out by Anglo Gold Ashanti and Alpha Exploration that has generated Target Areas from traditional prospecting through to ‘cutting edge’ Machine Learning, Probabilistic modelling and geochemical data analysis (Centre Log Ratio &Z Score Normalisation) that remain untested by drilling.
GROUND, MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
- A 771km² License area with multiple Colonial Gold Mines and areas of recent Artisanal mining.
- The Alpha exploration programme is managed by an experienced team that has made discoveries and developed Projects (through to granting of a mining license) in Eritrea.
- The group also has an extensive network of contacts in the wider Arabian-Nubian Shield.
- The Alpha exploration programme is supported by pre-eminent Consultants using ‘cutting edge’ Machine Learning technology. Alpha identified the ‘virgin’ Anagulu, Tolegimja and Kona West Prospects within the first year of commencing field operations in April 2018. The discovery drill-hole at Anagulu occurred in January 2020.
Board of Directors – Alpha Exploration
- BSc, Geology. University of London (1970), Member of American Institute of Professional Geologists:
- +40 years of international experience – Has held Executive & Board positions with Gold Fields Mining, Bema Gold Corp, Arizona Star, & Tournigan Energy. From 2004-2016, President & CEO of Sunridge Gold Corp that owned the Asmara Project (Eritrea). Sunridge discovered the 80 million tonne Emba Derho copper-zinc-gold VMS deposit.
- BSc (Geology), Victoria University, New Zealand (1982), Member AusIMM:
- +30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Australia and Africa. Previously, a Director for Sahar Minerals Limited.
- Discoveries Australia (3), Guinea (1), Eritrea (4)
- Mine Developments Australia (6), Guinea (1), Tanzania (3), Eritrea (4).
CHRIS VAN DER WESTHUYZEN
- Bachelors of Commerce degree in Economics and Marketing from Canterbury University, New Zealand:
- COO of Hemera Capital Management LLP. 11 years with Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs working across a broad range of product lines including equities, fixed income & structured finance operations.
Dr John Clarke
- B.Sc. (Metallurgy) University College Cardiff, Ph.D. (Metallurgy) Cambridge University, MBA Middlesex Polytechnic.
- Experience includes mine management, exploration, corporate acquisition & Mine development. Worked in Smelting & Mining operations and has been a Director of several companies which have had exploration, development and mining activities in Africa. Executive Director in charge of Business development for Ashanti Goldfields. President and CEO for Nevsun Resources, taking the Company in to Eritrea and the discovery of the Bisha Mine.
- Masters in Law (Banking Finance) University of Geneva (2006) & completed STEP diploma in 2009.
- Managing Director of the NWT Group in Switzerland, a Geneva based Trust, Corporate and Wealth Management Advisory Group. Over the past 13 years at NWT, Ms. Nydegger has been actively involved with client entities in corporate development often servicing as a board member. Ms. Nydegger brings significant legal and corporate governance experience to Alpha.
MANAGEMENT TEAM, CONSULTANTS & ADVISORS
- BSc (Geology), London University, Member of American Institute of Professional Geologists:
- More than 40 years of international experience, has held Executive & Board positions with companies such as Gold Fields Mining, Bema Gold Corp, Arizona Star, Tournigan Gold Corp, European Uranium, Sun Peak Metals and Azarga Metals Corp.
- Between 2004 & 2016 Michael was President and CEO of Sunridge Gold Corp (TSX listed) that owned the Asmara Project in Eritrea.
- Sunridge discovered the 80 million tonne Emba Derho copper-zinc-gold VMS deposit, completed a bankable feasibility study on four deposits & sold the project to a large Chinese company in 2016.
- BSc (Geology), Victoria University, New Zealand (1982), Member AusIMM:
- More than 30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Australia and Africa.
- Australia: Jundee NW & Main Zone Au deposits, Enterprise ISCG deposit
- Guinea:Boukaria Au deposit
- Eritrea: Zara Au deposit.
- Australia: Banderol, Highway, Butcherbird, Kingfisher, Mystery, Culculli Au deposits & Jundee Au Mine.
- Guinea: Siguiri Au Mine.
- Tanzania: Buzwagi Au-Cu Mine & Nyamulilima Hill &, Nyanzaga Au deposits.
- Eritrea: Zara Au Mine, Debarwa & Adi Nefas VMS deposits & Gupo Au deposit.
- BSc Honours (Geology), Addis Ababa University (1985), MSc, Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur (1987-1988).
- +30 years’ experience with Mineral Exploration companies & the Geological Surveys of Ethiopia & Eritrea. Tewelde has worked in the Adola gold belt in Ethiopia and the Koka gold field in Eritrea (Zara gold mine) and has been a lecturer at Asmara University.
- BSc (Earth Science), California Polytechnic University-Pomona (1982), MSc (Geology), University of Otago, New Zealand (1987).
- +30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Nth America, Middle East, Africa & Oceana. Instrumental in discoveries & developments that resulted in mines, including; Morningstar Mine in California, Simberi Mine in PNG, Macrae’s Mine in Otago. Designed the exploration drill program that led to the discovery of Jebel Ohier porphyry copper gold deposit , Sudan (2013-2017).
- Ph.D. Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (2011), Member AusIMM.
- Currently examining ways to utilise machine learning & data analytics to enhance interpretation of datasets. Previously, a Senior Research Scientist at CSIRO Mineral Resources where he conducted research projects on a wide range of deposits in the Philippines, New Zealand, Australia, Chile, and the USA. Michael was also an underground Geologist at Plutonic Gold Mine Barrick Australia where he developed portable X-ray fluorescence (pXRF) best practice to gain geological insights into mineral deposits
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting with Distinction) Simon Fraser University & CPA designation in 2019.
- Ms. Doncheva is an employee of Malaspina Consultants, n this role she provides CFO, assistant CFO and Controller services to a number of companies. She will be responsible for preparing consolidated financial statements, MD&A and period-end board reporting packages for Alpha. Prior to joining Malaspina in 2019, Denitsa spent three years working at Manning Elliott LLP where she specialized in providing assurance services to publicly listed companies from various industries.
- BSc (Econ), Economics & Philosophy, London School of Economics.
- 35 years global experience in minerals industry & economist by training. CEO of ASTOR Group, a private investment & advisory business, working in Mining, Tech, Biotech and Real Estate. Many years in commodity trading, mining, owning buying and selling companies over 30 years. Director of several companies, both public and private in executive and non-executive roles. Devotes significant time to non-profit activities in the fields of education and healthcare. Most recently, Mr. Mehra was Executive Chairman of GT Gold, a company he founded and sold to Newmont Corporation.