Michael Hopley - President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
Mr. Hopley has more than 35 years of international experience in the mineral exploration business.
He has BSc (Geology) from London University and is a Member of American Institute of Professional Geologists. He has held executive and board positions with companies such as Gold Fields Mining, Bema Gold Corp. Arizona Star, Tournigan Gold Corp. European Uranium, Sun Peak Metals and Azarga Metals Corp.
Between 2004 and 2016 Michael was President and CEO of Sunridge Gold Corp. (TSX listed) that owned the Asmara Project in Eritrea. During this time, Sunridge raised and spent over $80 million exploring and discovering many deposits including the 80 million tonne Emba Derho copper – zinc – gold VMS deposit. Sunridge completed a bankable feasibility study on four of the deposits in 2014 and sold the project to a large Chinese company in 2016.
Alasdair Smith - Technical director
– Bachelor of Science (Geology) Degree from Victoria University, New Zealand (1982)
– +30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Australia and Africa
– Australia (Jundee NW & Main Zone Au deposits, Enterprise ISCG deposit)
– Guinea (Boukaria Au deposit)
– Eritrea (Zara Au deposit).
– Australia (Banderol, Highway, Butcherbird, Kingfisher, Mystery, Culculli Au deposits & Jundee Au Mine).
– Guinea (Siguiri Au Mine).
– Tanzania (Buzwagi Au-Cu Mine & Nyamulilima Hill &, Nyanzaga Au deposits).
– Eritrea (Zara Au Mine, Debarwa & Adi Nefas VMS deposits & Gupo Au deposit).
Chris van der Westhuyzen - CFO and Director
Chris is a founding member and COO of Hemera Capital Management LLP (“Hemera”) and has over 22 years of experience in financial markets. As COO, over the last 11 years he has managed various contracting businesses in the mining sector and is also a Director of Alpha Exploration Limited. Prior to joining Hemera, Chris spent 11 years with Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs working across a broad range of product lines including equities, fixed income and structured finance operations before taking on the management of European OTC clearing services in Morgan Stanley’s Prime Brokerage division. Chris has a Bachelors of Commerce degree in Economics and Marketing from Canterbury University, New Zealand.