MANAGEMENT TEAM, CONSULTANTS & ADVISORS
MICHAEL HOPLEY - President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
- BSc (Geology), London University, Member of American Institute of Professional Geologists:
- More than 40 years of international experience, has held Executive & Board positions with companies such as Gold Fields Mining, Bema Gold Corp, Arizona Star, Tournigan Gold Corp, European Uranium, Sun Peak Metals and Azarga Metals Corp.
- Between 2004 & 2016 Michael was President and CEO of Sunridge Gold Corp (TSX listed) that owned the Asmara Project in Eritrea.
- Sunridge discovered the 80 million tonne Emba Derho copper-zinc-gold VMS deposit, completed a bankable feasibility study on four deposits & sold the project to a large Chinese company in 2016.
Alasdair Smith - Technical Director
- BSc (Geology), Victoria University, New Zealand (1982), Member AusIMM:
- More than 30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Australia and Africa.
- Australia: Jundee NW & Main Zone Au deposits, Enterprise ISCG deposit
- Guinea:Boukaria Au deposit
- Eritrea: Zara Au deposit.
- Australia: Banderol, Highway, Butcherbird, Kingfisher, Mystery, Culculli Au deposits & Jundee Au Mine.
- Guinea: Siguiri Au Mine.
- Tanzania: Buzwagi Au-Cu Mine & Nyamulilima Hill &, Nyanzaga Au deposits.
- Eritrea: Zara Au Mine, Debarwa & Adi Nefas VMS deposits & Gupo Au deposit.
TEWELDE HAILE - EXPLORATION MANAGER
- BSc Honours (Geology), Addis Ababa University (1985), MSc, Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur (1987-1988).
- +30 years’ experience with Mineral Exploration companies & the Geological Surveys of Ethiopia & Eritrea. Tewelde has worked in the Adola gold belt in Ethiopia and the Koka gold field in Eritrea (Zara gold mine) and has been a lecturer at Asmara University.
SCOTT MCKEAG - PROJECT MANAGER (ANAGULU)
- BSc (Earth Science), California Polytechnic University-Pomona (1982), MSc (Geology), University of Otago, New Zealand (1987).
- +30 years’ experience as a Geologist in Nth America, Middle East, Africa & Oceana. Instrumental in discoveries & developments that resulted in mines, including; Morningstar Mine in California, Simberi Mine in PNG, Macrae’s Mine in Otago. Designed the exploration drill program that led to the discovery of Jebel Ohier porphyry copper gold deposit , Sudan (2013-2017).
Dr Michael Gazley - CONSULTANT GEOCHEMIST
- Ph.D. Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (2011), Member AusIMM.
- Currently examining ways to utilise machine learning & data analytics to enhance interpretation of datasets. Previously, a Senior Research Scientist at CSIRO Mineral Resources where he conducted research projects on a wide range of deposits in the Philippines, New Zealand, Australia, Chile, and the USA. Michael was also an underground Geologist at Plutonic Gold Mine Barrick Australia where he developed portable X-ray fluorescence (pXRF) best practice to gain geological insights into mineral deposits.
Denitsa Doncheva - Consultant CFO
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting with Distinction) Simon Fraser University & CPA designation in 2019.
- Ms. Doncheva is an employee of Malaspina Consultants, n this role she provides CFO, assistant CFO and Controller services to a number of companies. She will be responsible for preparing consolidated financial statements, MD&A and period-end board reporting packages for Alpha. Prior to joining Malaspina in 2019, Denitsa spent three years working at Manning Elliott LLP where she specialized in providing assurance services to publicly listed companies from various industries.
ASHWATH MEHRA - ADVISOR
- BSc (Econ), Economics & Philosophy, London School of Economics.
- 35 years global experience in minerals industry & economist by training. CEO of ASTOR Group, a private investment & advisory business, working in Mining, Tech, Biotech and Real Estate. Many years in commodity trading, mining, owning buying and selling companies over 30 years. Director of several companies, both public and private in executive and non-executive roles. Devotes significant time to non-profit activities in the fields of education and healthcare. Most recently, Mr. Mehra was Executive Chairman of GT Gold, a company he founded and sold to Newmont Corporation.